Friday, November 4, 2011

Your Face Under the Aspen Trees

Persephone Walking Away or Your Face Under the Aspen Trees
Feb. 19, 2010
Mangan's photo of Glacier Gorge, RMNP

As I walk in the sea of orange and red,
All I remember was kissing you goodbye in bed,
In the forehead wet and longing,
Tried not to wake you; every moment prolonging.
As I write these under the aspens,
All I can think about is you and my heart hastens,
To be with you by your side,
This yearning from all I must hide.
Instead I gaze at the splendor of the trees dying,
Oh how beautiful death could be; mournful crying
As they turn the mountains into wonders in their final sighs
Their rosy slumber are like our goodbyes
No beauty or grace can more be found,
Yet in sadness and sorrow woefully abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment